Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com To explore the heritage of Pacific Life and learn more about our history, visit www.pl150years.com
Come join our award winning service team, recognized by the nation’s leading financial services market research firm, Dalbar, for over 15 years in a row!
The Retirement Solutions Division Customer Service department supports the division’s promptless, single point of contact model, designed to deliver industry-leading service across all aspects of annuity operational support. FINRA-licensed Annuity Product Specialists strive to provide first-call resolution to a non-segmented base of annuity contract owners, appointed Registered Representatives, and Broker Dealer personnel, and are trained extensively to address all queries related to the complex features of RSD’s legacy product spectrum, while navigating IRS/state/DOI requirements, understanding the nuances of varied business platforms, processing market-sensitive financial transactions, all while identifying potential cases of fraudulent activity to mitigate risk for both the client and the organization. Through service excellence, this unique team is viewed as a cornerstone differentiator in why clients choose to conduct their business through Pacific Life.
Train on Fixed and Variable Products, Procedures and soft skills required to prepare for independent call handling. Throughout phases of training with support from Supervisor and Senior Peers, Field incoming phone calls from fixed annuity contract holders, Registered Representatives, Broker Dealers and internal customers. Focus in the following core areas:
- Accurate and Efficient Call Handling
- Positive Service Experience
- Transaction Processing
- Remain attentive, respectful, and professional in classroom environment.
- Participate in question and answer sessions, mock call exercises, shadow sessions, and driving to support preparation for call handling.
- Proactively identify topics and calls for further discussion with supervisor using Call Tracker.
- Come prepared to discuss feedback and set goals in scheduled coaching sessions with Supervisor.
- Focus on consistently utilizing resources to support client inquiries.
- Meets Series 6 licensing requirements prior to end of training program.
Accurate and Efficient Call Handling
- Delivers accurate information regarding all aspects of fixed annuity operational support.
- Uses product and procedural knowledge to proactively address potential service conflicts, including impacts to programs/benefits, taxable consequences, or compliance/legal issues.
- Safeguards client information by authenticating callers and protecting non-public information.
- Guides caller through website usage, and uses diagnostic skills to trouble shoot service issues.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to build efficiencies in utilizing after-call follow up techniques.
- Identifies, documents and instructs clients with potential complaints.
Positive Service Experience
- Build understanding of Operations’ guidelines for providing a positive service experience to caller.
- Uses diagnostic skills to clearly identify core issues, anticipate needs, accommodate requests or provide alternatives.
- Collaborate with Supervisor and senior peers to build skills and leverage experience to “Own” call and ensure first call resolution.
- Collaborate with Supervisor and senior peers to identify opportunities in call interactions to proactively and efficiently offer additional relevant information or services to enhance call and benefit caller.
- Forward escalated or complex calls to appropriate senior staff as appropriate.
- Use appropriate resources to follow through on all steps of financial transactions.
- Internal systems are used to process transaction requests accurately based on business guidelines.
- Adheres to aftermarket/early market guidelines for withdrawal processing.
- Documents Image in appropriate format and with all relevant information.
- Excellent customer service skills; Strong communication skills dealing with a variety of people, preferably in the financial services profession; Ability to complete assignments in a high-volume, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines; Ability to balance accuracy, speed, and customer service; Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- College degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years related business experience.
- Holds FINRA Series 6 or 7 licenses or passes Series 6 within six months after hire date.
- Market Standard Code dependent upon job duties, responsibilities, and directly related experience.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.