An Innovative, Automotive client that focuses on manufacturing diagnostic tools is looking to identify and hire a Customer Service Supervisor to oversee the hiring, scheduling and operations of the call center.
The Customer Service Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working with the Director of Technical Services to set goals and monitor progress towards the achievement of those goals with Call Center Customer Service Technicians.
- Completing semi-annual performance reviews of all direct subordinates and updating their job descriptions and recommend salary changes.
- Monitoring customer calls with Call Center Customer Service Technicians to evaluate customer-handling skills.
- Meeting with each Call Center Customer Service Technician monthly to review activity and to develop an understanding of progress. Review with Director of Technical Services.
- Identifying departmental employee skill-set deficiencies and directing creation of action plans to improve these skills. Providing hands-on training to bridge certain skill deficiencies.
- Answering phone calls from end users with product questions and concerns.
- Logging all customer calls in the CSR system including vehicle, customer and product information.
- Providing technical support to help resolve the customers concern and follow up when necessary to ensure resolution.
- Responding to incoming email and phone messages from customers.
- Directing customers to retailers carrying the company’s products whenever possible.
- Placing orders through the e-commerce website when retail outlet is not available or customer chooses not to utilize.
- Receiving item under warranty in mail and logging the item in the Log In Register.
- Verifying whether or not products are still under warranty.
- Testing products, performing repair and returning existing product to customer or send a new product, if needed.
- Generating new product ideas or improvements for existing products.
- Reviewing Customer Complaint Analysis report and other reports from the CSR system for potential new product ideas.
- Writing proposal documenting any new product ideas, targeted customer and the reason why this product is needed in the market.
- Reviewing new product drawings and models and providing feedback to Director of Technical Services, recommending any changes.
- Reporting any product issues apparent from CSR data to the Director of Technical Services for review with QC, Purchasing and/or vendors.
- Summarizing data to allow Marketing to evaluate the range of vehicles the proposed product would cover, the degree of complexity required and the market potential for the product.
- At least five years’ experience in automotive industry with two years in management.
- Automotive Technology Degree, related field or ASE Certified (A1, A6, A8 and L1) Master Tech preferred.
- Ability to plan and organize day/week around multiple productive activities.
- Ability to accomplish tasks through the management of others.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.