Format updated 11/13/07
Position Objective: This position is responsible for the procurement and on-time delivery of all chemicals, raw material, and packaging used in the manufacturing process with guidance from the Customer Service Coordinator. The Customer Service / Supply Chain’s area of responsibility is a key to maintaining our continuous flow environment.
Essential Duties: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility):
- Prepares shipments for pickups (may include packaging up to material)
- Schedule shipments -/carriers/ customers (some customers pick up their own stuff) to schedule pick up dates & times.
- Prepares Custom invoices for international shipments.
- Unloads and receives incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; will also handle return shipments from customers. No PO on Return pallets. All matching paperwork gets turned into accounting.
- Traces lost shipments initiates proof of delivery documents when needed.
- Maintain pallet inventory – contact customs to replenish – schedule pallet pickups / returns.
- Daily (morning) need to check production against pu schedule to see if orders are complete or if partial shipments are needed. Handle any truck cancellations or reschedules.
Non-Essential Duties: (considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility):
- Accomplishing any other tasks or training assigned by Management.
- Serve on various committees as needed.
- Understanding of the mainframe computer operation and current computer systems and software.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer and associate.
- Understand the manufacturing process within the plant.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with different levels of the internal organization and external customers.
Page 1 of 1