CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U. S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Using experience of networking and engineering standards, the Designer is an exceptional responder to new/modify/disconnect orders, by determining the best design to fulfill the order request. This is accomplished by, reviewing order criteria and via customer feedback and account team input, establishing the most effective design and configuring service on the network.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Tasked with designing customer networks (WAN, LAN, VOIP, etc.)
- Manage the deliverables on complex customer design projects
- Pro-actively drive the development of the engineering solutions and templates for complex and tactical solutions; while meeting order commitment dates
- Engage provisioner, customers and Sales Engineers to develop engineering designs which are relevant to monitoring, management, and configuration of managed services
- Ability to work well with team members and the ability to take directions/requests from multiple sources
- Familiarity/ability to work proficiently within windows based applications
- Ability to thrive and accept changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to effectively, professionally and pro-actively communicate with front line employees, management and in rare cases, upper level management.
- Ability to pro-actively manage issues and drive resolution without receiving or receiving minimal direction from peers/management
- Quickly learn the processes and systems that are used on a daily basis within the team
- Ability to work within a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Provides complex conceptual and tactical solutions to customers networking requirements.
- Optimizes existing designs by demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Manages a work queue of provisioning orders, meets metric performance for all tasks, and completes designs/configurations on-time and with accuracy.
- Participates and provides training and job shadowing support to peers through: OJT, classroom training, and job aides.
- Provides timely written status updates in the ordering systems and sets appropriate jeopardy status and engages appropriate resources to overcome obstacles which impeding order progress.
- Reviews, complies to, and edits method of procedure and other engineering documents and templates.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 plus years of relevant job experience.
- Relevant job experience is described as:
- Job experience in similar industry
- Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
- Office Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Field of Study: Engineering or related
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: [[Broomfield, CO, Littleton, CO, Dublin, OH]]
Requisition #: []
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find. centurylink. jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.