The Customer Support Engineer (I) is responsible for delivering a total support solution to one or multiple customers within a territory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs complete AFIS sites including hardware, software, X-load, matcher, partitioning, disk space analysis, etc.
- In cooperation with Regional Service Manager, prepares preventative maintenance schedules for remote sites
- Performs preventative and remedial hardware and software maintenance and system administration on assigned IDEMIA's products; Provides assistance on installations and removals. Installs field change orders, when required.
- Writes UNIX shell scripts to analyze and process data, write utilities to simplify AFIS operations and communications
- Ensures defective parts are returned correctly and in a timely manner
- Tracks assigned inventory
- Troubleshoots and promptly escalates customer service issues and other systems anomalies to Technical Support and Support Management to ensure a swift solution
- For individuals assigned to on-site locations, serves as primary on-site contact to IDEMIA offices
- Makes decision for proper support procedures when system problems arise
- Works with software developers on system enhancements
- Prepares and reports status and attends project support meetings to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Commit to the Quality Principles of “Customer First, Do it Right the First Time, and I own Quality”
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have Four year degree in related field, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc., or two year degree w/equivalent levels of experience in related field
- Must have between one and three years' experience in field service/customer support
- Must demonstrate a baseline knowledge of central processing units and customer service techniques
- Must be able to run associated diagnostics
- Must have experience using UNIX in a professional environment
- Must have strong computer skills with a good knowledge of Windows OS; must be comfortable with hardware and software solutions
- Must have good decision-making skills to be able to take appropriate decisions within the framework of established department and company policies and practices in a remote environment
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of data and/or situations requires evaluation of multiple factors
- Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision within established department/company practices and execute appropriate action
- Must be customer oriented
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication as well interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively and precisely with company staff and clients
- Must be able to maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Must be willing to travel and to work at alternate hours when required to meet varying customer volume requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable transportation for long distance driving
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Linux Systems Administrator
- SQL database skills
- Windows System Administrator or Windows MSCE Certification
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.