As a member of Descartes’ Global Trade Compliance Customer Support team, you will be working in a dynamic environment providing 24/7/365 support for our Descartes’ hosted applications.
This position requires working occasional on call weekends and possible evening support, as requested by the manager.
- Resolve client issues relating to the timely filing of various countrys’ customs documentation, via Descartes’ suite of compliancy applications.
- Troubleshoot application issues reported by customers.
- Utilize ticketing system (Freshservice) to create and maintain incident information.
- Follow and develop procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Provide training to clients in the use of systems and applications.
- Answer and dispatch incoming support inquiries on a first-level basis to maintain proper service level agreements.
- Position requires shift work and some weekend work.
- On-call pager duty on a rotating basis.
- University or College level degree in a computer science or technology program (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an application support environment.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, to determine and resolve the root cause, utilizing various techniques.
- Team oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, transitioning between different topics seamlessly.
- Must work well under pressure to meet the time sensitive demands of our customers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong organizational skills required, including note taking and information recollection.
- Experience within Transportation Management, Logistics, or Supply Chain Industry.
- Knowledge of global trade compliance regulations.
- Experience with EDI (Value-Added-Networks, communication traffic, doc types, etc.).
- Ability to learn quickly through real time training within a production environment.
- Proficiency with computer software programs, including Microsoft Office suite products, various internet browsers, search engines, etc.
Please forward your resumes to Human Resources by email at email@example.comHelp citing “Customer Support Representative- Pittsburgh” in the subject of your message. We sincerely appreciate and thank all who apply to this exciting role, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Descartes Systems (USA) LLC, inclusive of any of its American subsidiaries (Descartes), is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.