Job ID: 100100
Location: Chantilly, VA
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with DHS Suitability
Clearance Status: Must be Current
The ideal candidate has experience providing architecture analysis and supporting products using the DoD Architecture Framework 2 (DoDAF2) and the IBM Rational System Architecture (SA) tool.
- Developing DoDAF2 operational (OV), data (DIV), system (SV) and service (SvcV) view products in support of the NCPS enterprise architecture
- Utilizing architecture products to shape/inform solution requirements in support of acquisition objectives
- Aligning architectures to the customer’s strategic goals/objectives (roadmaps, mission capabilities)
- Performing architectural analysis and design using both structured and object techniques
- Creating new architecture designs and integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Identifying system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Applying external interface requirements to architectural products; documenting external operational and system data exchanges
- Evaluating architecture impacts in response to customer needs
- Developing architectural studies, presentations, white papers and other analyses, as required
- Communicating architecture baselines and demonstrating value to customers not versed in architecture principles; supporting review boards by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance
- Providing engineering recommendations based on cyber security needs analysis
- Compiling industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
The successful candidate must have experience with architecture modeling, supporting methodologies, and notation set background across both structured and object techniques. This individual should have a strong understanding of DoDAF2 to include having practical experience in building various product views utilizing SA or a similar tool. Additionally, the candidate should have broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and be able to apply this experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
The successful candidate must be able to define, interpret and develop complex operational and system interfaces for large enterprise wide applications with support from senior domain engineers and/or government staff. The candidate will need to attend and brief engineering and architecture review boards, serving as a team member simultaneously supporting multiple system and segment developments across the community. Ideally, this individual will have broad knowledge of DHS and other Intelligence Community (IC) architectures and missions, both as-is and future vision. Additionally, strong communication skills are required for collaboration with both customers and fellow architects alike. This individual should be able to work independently and proactively communicate with the NSD SE&I Chief Architect and Architecture Engineering Lead.
The candidate must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and willing to do local travel to Arlington, VA on a regular basis while working primarily in Chantilly, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- 9+ years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) performing architectural definition and analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, particularly architecture analysis and evaluation of alternatives
- Experience developing DoDAF2 compliant products using IBM System Architect or similar tool
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- TS/SCI Clearance with DHS Suitability
- Architecture certification by recognized Government or academic institution
- Advanced degree
- Working knowledge of DHS mission partners
- Knowledge of DHS/NPPD systems
- Experience within the cybersecurity domain
- Demonstrated operational experience with intelligence systems
- Demonstrated experience developing with advanced systems engineering concepts and/or tools
- Experience performing system engineering / system integration on Intelligence Community systems within the past 2 years
StellarPeak Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a protected veteran.
StellarPeak Corp. is an agile business that brings significant Government and private sector project, program, business management, and business development experience. Company and key management personnel past performance includes systems engineering, integrated cyber / security solutions, cloud engineering, intelligence analysis, and training support services for the IC, DHS, and DoD.
We bring unique customer insight, enhance business development through extensive customer and industry relationships, and build upon successes to foster growth while delivering superior professional services. Our employees are typically experts in their fields with advanced degrees and the highest in security clearances.