Cyber Security Analyst
Contract to Permanent
Candidate must have demonstrated expertise in some of the following skills:
- Intrusion Detection & Incident Response, Vulnerability Assessment, Intrusion Detection Systems Support, RSA SecureID and PIV and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
- Secure and Monitor Critical Applications and network assets
- Remote Access Support VPN and redundant trusted internet RTIC
- Penetration testing, maintenance, training and Vendor product upgrades
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must have familiarity with Federal, DoD, and industry information security requirements, standards, and best practices
- Working knowledge of incident response, network architectures, current networking technologies, security requirements and features of networks and applications
- Candidate will be addressing agency-wide IT security issues and challenging new threats on a daily basis that could impact the integrity of information systems that support customer's missions.
- Evaluating, developing and implementing strategies to mitigate risks and demonstrate adequate security are key values provided by the candidate.
Experience in the following Tools:
- Net Screen Firewalls
- Maintenance of Firewalls
- Software Upgrades and Patches
- Firewall management functions and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting user applications
- Intrusion Prevention (IPS)
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and use of the below tools.
- Nagios, Symantec Security Center, PatchLink (Lumension), Symantec Endpoint Protection, Nikto, AppDetective, Wireshark (Ethereal LAN sniffer), SuperScan, Angry IP Scanner, Sysinternals Suite. WebInspect, WinDump, Foundstone, Snort (Sourcefire devices), Forensic Toolkit (FTK), Encase, Cisco Security Manager, Yellowjacket Wireless Spectrum Analyzer, Wi-Spy Spectrum Analyzer, Nessus Tenable, Cellebrite, McAfee A/V Suite, WINMAJIC, BITLOCKER, McAfee Nitro SIEM tool
CompTIA Security+ required
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Top Secret clearance is required for this position.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.