Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst / IT Business Analyst
Location: San Ramon, CA 94583
Duration: 6 Months
This position is on a project team for a large ($8MM) information security project. The successful candidate will assist the work stream lead managing work and deliverables, gathering information and documenting business processes for key stakeholders, and helping develop informative reports to support awareness and prevention. The position requires a self-starter with solid business analyst abilities and excellent documentation skills. The candidate should have the ability to work from a high to low level of detail and have a strong mix of analytical, technical, and communication skills.
Insider threat or Cyber Security related technology experience and a working knowledge of data privacy and information protection is highly desired.
This position is part of a team focused on ensuring the security and integrity of proprietary information.
- Gather business requirements, identify and define business opportunities and lead the development and implementation of IT solutions that meet business needs.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively, hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Maintain frequent and clear communications with team members, customers, and partners.
- Deliver documentation to support internal FIRST priorities and projects including capture, respond, and mitigate events.
- Create and maintain standard processes, protocols, and compliance activities.
- Support workstream lead, ensure team is working on schedule, and communicate the status of the workstream.
- Experience creating various project work products including process documents, drawings, PowerPoint (PPT) slides, templates, and Project Manager deliverables.
- Strong business analyst, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with project management practices (e.g. PPM methodology).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to influence and motivate others.
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and presenting to groups.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, PPT, Project, Visio etc.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- General understanding and knowledge of IT infrastructure and/or software application development