At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
We need Cyber Warriors to defend and maintain cyber resiliency in our Weapon Systems. These cyber warriors are cyber aware adversarial thinkers that can incorporate the Risk Management Framework (RMF) into the Systems Engineering Management Process. They will evaluate hardware and software architectures to determine vulnerabilities and support HW/SW developers in applying RMF controls to harden these systems. They will maintain these systems through scanning, assessing and hardening throughout their lifecycle. They will balance risk, cost and schedule to document effective mitigations and develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms). The NGAS MAD CoE in Melbourne is looking for Systems Security Engineers (SSE) in four areas: Scanning & Test (S&T), Implementation & Remediate (I&R), Assessment & Authorization Oversight and Mission Assurance (AAOMA) and Technology Protection (TP).
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience in cyber security OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 3+ years of Cyber Security
* 5+ years of experience documenting the security posture of a system and reporting on security controls assigned to the system.
* 5+ years of experience validating security assessments and reviews.
* 5+ years of experience with DoD C&A activities, security processes, and documentation/reporting using RMF, DIACAP, NIST, CNSSI, or NISPOM guidance as required
* 5+ years of experience submitting ongoing authorization inputs and artifacts to support authorizing authority's ongoing assessment and authorization decisions.
* Possess an active appropriate certification as required by DoD Directive 8570.01-M for an Information Assurance System Architect Engineer (IASAE) Level II Position.
* Experience using and working with fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices.
* Active DoD final Secret security clearance and the ability to maintain it
* Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253).
* Experience with the application of the RMF to the DoD (DoDi 8500.01 Cybersecurity).
* Experience with the application of NIST 800-171 (Controlled Unclassified Information).
* Ability to understand and apply company methodologies, standard, and policies
* Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
* Experience transitioning from DIACAP to RMF
* Experience using Xacta and eMass
* Experience in documenting the security posture of a system and reporting on security controls assigned to the system
* Experience validating security assessments and reviews
* Experience submitting ongoing authorization inputs and artifacts to support certifying authority's ongoing authorization decisions to operate and test decisions
* Experience performing moderately complex security information technology tasks independently
* Familiarity with Windows and UNIX or Linux based platforms
* Familiarity with TCP/IP and Ethernet networkingFamiliarity with information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.