The Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC), an operating unit of Mercer University, is located in Warner Robins, GA. MERC is dedicated to providing high quality engineering, scientific, and technical support services under contract to both government and private industry customers.
MERC has an immediate opening for Cyber Security Engineers in the Electrical and Software Systems Directorate.
Responsibilities include performing broad cyber security engineering programs that may involve system or network security assessments, vulnerability analyses, risk analyses and threat modeling, penetration testing, security controls implementation and validation, forensic analysis, system certification or accreditation support, and research on security techniques, procedures, and hardware/software components.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a DoD security clearance.
- This position requires a Ph.D. degree in Cyber Security or a closely related technical subject (e.g., EE, Computer Engineering Software Engineering, or other engineering degree in a related area) from an ABET accredited School or College of Engineering and/or a designated DHS/NSA National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security; or a Master’s degree in same and 1 year of related program experience; or an undergraduate degree in same and 2 years related program experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Manager (IAM) level 2 or higher certification.
- Experience in the Risk Management Framework with system categorization, security control implementation, and security control assessment.
- Experience with Platform Information Technology.
- Experience with industrial controls security.
- Experience with avionics systems security.