RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Cyber Security Instructor in Washington, District of Columbia (DC).
The Cyber Security Instructor will deliver advanced cyber security training to our clients. They will have subject matter expertise in relevant technical disciplines along with proven training experience and be motivated to provide a high-quality learning experience against a backdrop of constantly changing technologies and threats.
- Conducts five-day instructor-led training in one or more topic areas: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Malware Analysis, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis and/or Operating Systems Security
- Identifies skill level of participants and aligns delivery of course material to match individual students' needs
- Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning environment
- Deploys, maintains, and secures classroom equipment and materials in facilities around the globe
- Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the Continental United States
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Technology, or Cyber Security, or 4-6 years equivalent experience
- Previous experience conducting technical training in classrooms or small groups
- Information Security Professional with significant experience and background in cyber security
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners
- Significant expertise in Cyber Security Operations and expert experience in one or more areas of Cyber Security: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis or Operating System Security, Forensics, Incident Response, or Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols
- Technical awareness of common operating system internals, network packet capturing tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner and other relevant tools
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional effective classroom communication skills
- Travel Required: Moderate travel will be required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.