VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Cyber Security SME to support our client in Northern VA.
- Salary: Highly Competitive
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI
- Available: ASAP
The candidate will serve as a contract penetration testing engineer (Cyber Security). This position will support activities of the group to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of organization systems in order to provide senior decision makers with actionable data to make strategic investment decisions.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- provide documentation to Sponsor which describes all identified system risks, planned test procedures taken, and test results
- provide enhancement capabilities and SOPs to assessment operations for execution and implementation
- maintain accountability to endure integrity and confidentiality of the process
- provide analysis of vulnerabilities
- Review and make recommendations on program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.)
- Develop and document security evaluation test plan and procedures
- Assist in researching, evaluating, and developing relevant Information Security policies and guidance
- Actively participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards, documenting actions items/results of these events
- Brief management, as needed, on the status of action items and/or results of activities
- Conduct hands-on security testing, analyze test results, document risk, and recommend countermeasures
- Coordinate with other program elements conducting security testing
- Assess/calculate risk based on threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls uncovered in testing
- Identify mitigating countermeasures to identified threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.