Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Team. The CDM program is a DHS-managed approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. CDM provides federal departments and agencies with capabilities and tools that identify cybersecurity risks on an ongoing basis, prioritize these risks based upon potential impacts, and enable cybersecurity personnel to mitigate the most significant problems first.
- Assist with technical planning, installation, configuration, integration and/or customization of cybersecurity tool, sensors, and ancillary equipment on-site at departments and agencies in the Washington D.C area.
- Responsible for coordinating the hardware and software procurement, system set up and configuration in support of several large federal agencies to improve their security posture and provide extensive internal and external coordination involving multiple government components and vendors.
- Define and conduct technical integration processes and implement solution delivery projects
- Work with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure Agency requirements are addressed in deployment activities
- Facilitate and complete program-level management and System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) artifacts to report Agency content
- Work day-to-day with Project Manager, Engineers and other stakeholders: provide direction, oversight, and ensure activities are on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 3 years of experience
- At least 3 year of experience in cyber in the integration of cybersecurity tools and sensors
- At least 3 years of experience conducting analysis and testing activities
- At least 2 years of experience managing large scale requirements decomposition
- At least 1 years of experience in root cause analysis and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven collaborator in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS suitability EOD (US Citizenship required)
- Must be able to travel up to 75% to customer site(s) in Washington DC
- TS clearance
- SCI eligibility
- Experience with implementing Agile principals and processes, especially SAFe
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework
- Experience in FED/CIV SELC
- Experience managing systems engineering for large, integrated cyber solutions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.