RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Cyber Threat and Analysis Manager in Herndon, Virginia (VA).
The Manager, Cyber Threat & Analysis will provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to a cross functional team that provides cyber threat analysis in support of a large Government program. This position supports multiple programs in providing architecture and systems engineering support to mitigate cyber intrusions onto our client's ISP network in support of US Government networks. This position is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.
The position will require briefing senior government officials on the status of our client's ISP and cyber security capabilities. The position is responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation and oversight for the discovery, analysis and monitoring aspect of the program. This role will lead a team of cross functional analysts and security engineers and be responsible for the analytic outputs of the program (e.g. intel reporting, focused operations, etc.). The leadership position will directly interface with the agencies within the program and provide a watch lead function to ensure that reporting and communication is consistent and actionable for the customer. Primary responsibilities include personnel and task supervision, task estimating and planning, and individual development activities.
- Leading development teams with a strong preference for experience leading teams located in multiple geographic regions and time zones
- Scoping development activities, specifically evaluating requirements to determine release scope, schedule, and resource allocations
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the software engineering, network engineering, and/or cyber security fields
- 10-12 years of current hands systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, specifically establishing rapport, interviewing/fact-finding, defining requirements, presenting options/recommending solutions, following-up, and engaging customers
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineers, project managers, technicians, and customers
- Experience working in a Security operations center
- Understanding of analytic workflows and systems
- Detailed understanding of focused operations and criminal tactics, techniques and procedures (ttps)
- Experience with incident response workflows and methodologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to lead a technical team of analysts
Experience in at least of the following domains:
- Malware reverse engineering
- Incident response
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
Previous hands on experience with the following:
- Malware sandboxing
- Intrusion detection systems
- Endpoint technologies
- Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, software coding, encryption and cross domain solutions
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work
- Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.