Summary: Provide Cybersecurity (CS) vulnerability management services of United States Marine Corps (USMC) enterprise networks and systems.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate capabilities and experience in supporting United States Marine Corps (USMC) Cybersecurity efforts to include vulnerability management and security test and evaluation efforts.
Location: Quantico, VA
Clearance: DoD Secret required
Certifications: Minimum DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT/IAM Level I/II required. OS Certificate or other security certificate desired.
Duties and Responsibilities: Cyber Security Analyst shall have knowledge/experience in all of the following primary areas:
- Oversee and Manage Enterprise ACAS Implementation
- Using Tenable/ACAS to perform vulnerability and compliance scanning, analysis, and reporting in support of A&A activities and lifecycle sustainment.
- Working with the Project Managers, Network and Security Engineers, Application and System Owners, Systems Administrators, and Database Administrators to develop remediation plans and/or mitigation strategies that align with established DOD, DON, and USMC Cybersecurity Directives.
- Assist in evaluating enclaves, systems, applications security compliance and make recommendations for security solutions and/or system configuration changes for hardening and compliance
- Support the organization IT Portfolio by implementing and maintaining interoperable, cost effective, and secure IT capabilities and resources driven by organizations mission requirements.
- Coordinate the analysis and evaluation of systems, applications, databases, and networks within the organizations systems, networks, and applications to identify and validate capability gaps.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management of the organizational VM program to include, but not limited to:
- Periodic review of Marine Corps Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), Bulletin (IAVB), Technical Advisories (IAVT) notices, Communication Tasking Orders (CTOs), and Marine Collection Database (MCD) and provide recommended action and Cyber Threat Analysis POA&M to address operational impacts to the organizations hardware, software and network requirements.
- Work with the System and Application Administrators, Network and Security Engineers, and Database Administrators (DBAs) to develop a remediation plan and a mitigation strategy that align with established Marine Corps cybersecurity directives.
- Assist with investigating events related to threats to confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Marine Corps hardware, software, and networks and provide analysis of log files and reporting.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity and vulnerability management with at least six (6) years supporting IT projects and/or systems administration of various technologies.
- ACAS administration experience
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
Knowledge and experience with current USMC policy and guidance, as well as supporting vulnerability management efforts in addition to the following:
- Knowledge and experience in security testing and security management using tools like, ACAS and DISA STIG’s.
- Networking and system administration
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)