AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
Cybersecurity Engineer II 18-028
As a growing Department of Defense Contractor, AUSGAR Technologies is expanding its workforce and has an opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer II.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will provide systems security solutions and security administration for the operation of live, virtual and constructive training and NETTN networks in support of US Fleet Forces (USFF) and the Number Fleets.
- Assist in the assessment and assistance of Host Based Security System (HBSS) in an enterprise environment.
- Monitor compliance of the HBSS ePO server's environment and validate the security posture of the program.
- Spot-check and verify that the HBSS sever are updated and operated and maintained in accordance with OPORDs, TASKORD and best practices.
- Perform Data Transfer Agent (DTA) functions as required.
- Monitor and verify existing HBSS based protection infrastructure.
- Monitor and verify assigned HBSS servers.
- Investigate events, generate reports, and act as incident first responder.
- Perform Low to high DTA functions.
- Liaison between Engineering, R&D and SysAdmin to engineer security solutions IAW DoD policy.
- Develop and present spreadsheets showing analysis of findings.
- Attend and lead working groups to determine architectural CS requirements.
- Interpret CS tasking from various sources and determine the best way to implement that guidance in a large enterprise.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 3-5 years of Cybersecurity experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of Cybersecurity experience.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certification required.
- Experience with HBSS Management, System Administration or network engineering skills preferred. Additional systems engineering knowledge, experience with modeling and simulation, database, or programming would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of malware, Trojans, viruses, and proper response to these exploits is necessary.
- Understanding of network infrastructure technologies such as VPN, web server technologies, and MPLS is desired.
- Hands-on Experience in Navy RMF and system testing required.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed (15% or less).
- Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
- Must possess an active US Secret clearance.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans