AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
Cybersecurity Engineer II 18-041
As a growing Department of Defense Contractor, AUSGAR Technologies is expanding its workforce and has an opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer II.
The Cybersecurity Engineer II will assist in vulnerability assessment, monitoring & remediation, and mitigation verifications using ACAS. The Engineer will identify weaknesses within the environment and help facilitate inter-department communication to validation effectiveness of countermeasures for address the security shortcomings. The Engineer will be required to assess and monitor the ACAS system to ensure plugins and applications are to update. The Engineer may be called on to provide preparation and assistance with accreditation documentation, vulnerability analysis, and monitoring, reporting and documenting vulnerabilities.
- Verify existing ACAS-based protection infrastructure.
- Monitor the quality of the scanning of an ever-changing enterprise network and analyze scan results to identify vulnerabilities for recommended immediate remediation.
- Investigate events, generate reports, and act as incident first responder.
- Verify integrity of discovery scans as required to detect rogue devices.
- Liaison between Engineering, R&D and SysAdmin to ensure engineered security solutions are IAW DoD policy.
- Develop and present spreadsheets showing analysis of vulnerability findings.
- Attend and lead working groups to determine architectural IA requirements.
- Interpret CS tasking from various sources and determine the best way to implement that guidance in a large enterprise.
- Support the Cybersecurity Workforce Program functional event access.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5 -8 years of Cybersecurity and ACAS experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5-8 years of Cybersecurity experience preferred.
- DoD 8140 Cyberspace workforce Level II certification required.
- Hands-on Experience in Navy RMF/A&A and system testing required.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices required.
- Experience in Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager System (VRAM) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) pertaining to performing scans, analyzing results and building reports.
- Knowledge of malware, Trojans, viruses, and proper response to these exploits is necessary.
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Operation Order (OPORD), Tasking Order (TASKORD), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) desired.
- Additional systems engineering knowledge, experience with modeling and simulation, database, or programming would be a bonus.
- Understanding of network infrastructure technologies such as VPN, web server technologies, and MPLS is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed (15% or less).
- Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
- Must possess an active US Secret clearance.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans