CTG is actively recruiting for a Data Visualization Specialist who is adept at data story telling for our growing client in Greenville, SC. This is a 6 month contract position with the potential to convert to a permanent role.
In this role, you will work closely with business leaders, data analysts, technical leaders, data/business scientists to create professional, meaningful and visually striking displays of complex information. You will be on a team that is focused and dedicated to serving some of our client’s largest external customers and will also lead the overall data visualization direction of the Business Intelligence and Analytics group – reporting to its director.
- Determine the most effective means of expressing “best in class” visualizations to tell a data story based on our customers’ needs and your understanding of the data.
- Work to build a consistent style guide for all visualizations delivered by the Intelligence and Analytics organization.
- Lead a community of practice across all teams within the analytics and intelligence department to improve the visualizations across the board – innovation oriented.
- Install a methodology within the department which will be used to provide consistency in how we tell the story of the analytics provided by the group.
- Perform data analysis as needed, compose data driven stories and give presentations as needed.
- Work in the context of a team practicing lean and agile for the delivery method with heavy collaboration with business and technical colleagues.
- Lead/Participate in discussions on which visualization tools make the most sense given the business and customer need.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years relevant experience with a clear history of demonstrated ability to tell a story with data (Candidates without examples / reference material need not apply)
- Familiarity with Microstrategy 10.4 or higher (currently their main data viz tool)
- Knowledge of Power BI and Qlick are a plus as they are also used but to a lesser degree.
- Prefer candidates with experience either in IT or with IT groups.
- General knowledge of Statistics
- Adobe illustrator / Graphic Design experience a plus
- Interface Mock up Experience a plus (such as Balsamiq)
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.