Should you be offered a position as a Mindteck Consultant, you can take advantage of our very competitive and often above market compensation and one of the best benefit packages the consulting industry has to offer.
- Competitive Salary
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life/AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Title: DB2 Database Administrator
Location: Westlake, TX
Duration: 6+ Months
- Looking for DB2 Database Administrator with Oracle DBA experience.
- As a DBA within the Global Database Services Team, the following skills are required:
- Advises senior management on technical strategy
- Addresses small groups on technical subjects or demonstrates systems
- Leads informational discussions with internal and external groups
- Implements Projects based on the decisions taken by the group.
- Works without supervision
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions
- Handles the database components (DB2) independently
- Impact & Decision Making
- Directs complex and creative cross-functional assignments and multiple phases of a project
- Sound judgment and recommendations
- Develops departmental technical policies and procedures
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Responsible for the identification of and implementation of process improvement and increased efficiencies
- Collaborates with development and business partners to review application, systems and infrastructure functionality and develop plans for improvement
- Evaluates design of existing systems to assess their reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership
- Technology Management
- Identifies and executes improvements in database services through automation, self-service enablement, and process improvements
- Enable solutions to business problems through subject matter expertise and delivery oriented approach
- Works with systems analysts to define requirements
- Provides technical expertise on multiple applications for DB2 (Essential) & Sybase (preferred)
- Participates in design reviews, Code Reviews and unit testing
- Has extensive hands on experience and expertise on handling business critical DB2 systems including on call support / Troubleshooting and optimizing Performance.
- Will be involved in POCs and migrations involving DB2 environments.
- Must have Oracle DBA experience.
Join Us! We're a growth-oriented company that needs the valuable contributions you will make DB2 Database Administrator to join our team in Westlake, TX
While others say it, we do it: We Care. We've helped thousands of talented individuals carve out their role and have a healthy work-life balance.
Just like life, you'll experience a good mix of challenges and opportunities. But we'll be rooting for you along the way.
Presently, Mindteck employs over 1,000 individuals throughout offices in:
- It also has four development centers (US, Singapore and India [Kolkata, Bangalore]).
The company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE 517344) and is among a select group of global companies appraised at Maturity Level 5, Version 1.3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)www.Mindteck.com
Mindteck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law
Join our Talent Network: http://goo.gl/uyDz8N