ISACO International, a leading menswear fashion and design company has an opportunity for a Design Director to join our dynamic and creative team in our Miami Lakes location. Since its inception, Isaco International has led the market by offering consumers cutting-edge design, innovative fabrics and exceptional fit and quality.
ISACO International has established itself as a leading menswear fashion group. Isaco’s brand portfolio has grown to 16 brands producing and distributing high quality men’s underwear, hosiery, sleepwear and ties. Isaco is the licensee for Perry Ellis for hosiery, Underwear and Sleepwear Products. Isaco’s popularly recognized brands include papi, Equipo, Undertech, Accents, Rico rojo, Route North and 9Two continue growth through creation of fashion that resonates uniquely with lifestyles of consumers worldwide.
The Design Director will be responsible for the overall design department function and bridges the link between creative employees and management. Strong design skills or fashion experience is necessary. The Director also has to understand the skills of the creative employees and should be able to give recommendation if technological problems arise. Also, the Design Director should be both creative and organized. This position liaises closely with the VP of Sales and Director of Merchandising.
Design Director duties:
- Oversees and leads the creative team establishing artistic strategy, budgets and schedules for key project design.
- Conceptualize creative ideas that meet company objectives. Works closely with team members to ensure the integrity in materials produced internally and externally.
- Exercise excellent creative skills with strong artistic aptitude for: type, design, color and concept.
- Mentor and supervise artistic team while effecting and introducing new and innovative strategies of artistic execution.
- Manage design processes to make sure timely delivery projects.
- Head and direct team providing key ideas, methods and brand positioning.
- Frequents stores in order to stay abreast of trending products.
- Maintain strong organizational skills.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of Design experience in apparel, menswear, underwear, sleepwear and hosiery preferred.
- Fashion/Design background and/or experience
- Provide leadership and coaching to development of staff.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy.
- The design director must be enthusiastic and passionate about design, color concepts, typography, hierarchy and flow.
- The design director must have the ability to resolve complex communication issues.
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Designer or in related field
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Design Suite 2 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat). Quark Xpress 6.0, Macromedia MX (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash), and MS Office.
Our dynamic organization offers a competitive salary; benefits package, and potential for personal growth and advancement.
For consideration, send salary history and resume to: email@example.comHelp
Other career opportunities, visit us at www.isaco.com
Isaco International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.