Join the Checkpoint Team! The DSP/FPGA Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing FPGA-based digital signal processing solutions for a variety of Checkpoint Systems EAS and RFID products. Working as part of a small talented multi-disciplinary team, you will be involved in ALL phases of projects and additional hardware engineering tasks.
- Architect, design, and test FPGA-based Digital Signal Processing solutions for cutting edge EAS and RFID systems
- Develop requirements and budgets for signal processing functions
- Support system & FPGA simulations, implementation, and verifications (in Matlab/Simulink, or equivalent)
- Implement DSP algorithms for FPGA (Xilinx) structures
- Provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and guidance for bringing new technology to market
- Communicate timely and accurate project status, provide alternate problem resolution ideas
- Discuss aspects of the design, provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and provide guidance on bringing new technology to market
Bachelor’s degree BS in Electrical Engineering; Master’s degree (MSEE) is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of design experience with architecting and implementing Digital Signal Processing Systems, functions and algorithms
- At least 5+ years of FPGA design experience using VHDL or Verilog
- FPGA design experience with synthesis, timing analysis and verification
- Experience with Modelsim, Matlab/Simulink or equivalent, Xilinx Vivado and Altera Quartus components, Git and development tools
- Detailed knowledge of implementing Finite Impulse Response (FIR & IIR) Filters, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), noise estimation, etc. design structures
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge at both simulation level (in Matlab/Simulink, or equivalent) as well as the implementation and verification level
- Must be flexible, organized, results-oriented, problem solver who requires minimal supervision.
- Must understand technology trends to suggest improvements for engineering design processes and engineering tools.
- Must have drive and the ability to thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges
- Familiarity with using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Literacy with real-time embedded software, especially debugging, is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal/written communications skills