DX Program Requirements Analyst
Long term contract
- Ensure the current SDLC processes and artifacts are utilized appropriately.
- Ensure the Agile processes are understood and followed.
- Works with the Product Owner and product team to ensure changes to processes are communicated effectively and that new ideas are re-introduced into the requirements process.
- Analyzes complex business requirements and processes; constructs conceptual data and process models, including requirements repositories and volume estimates to communicate requirements.
- Coordinates business analyst tasks on information technology projects and provide project team member guidance/support throughout the project life cycle. Provides work guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
- Provides time estimates for project related tasks and is comfortable working in a very fast paced environment with minimum guidance.
- Strategy and Development
- Understands and invests in the ideation process towards product development and has innovative approach towards meeting business needs.
- Participates in strategic development discussion to help align internal and external customer interaction
- Reviews and provides feedback on large-scale technical and business decisions and develops standards utilizing superior technical and analytical skills; excellent business knowledge, knowledge of current and future technology roadmaps.
- Has capability to research and learn towards becoming a the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple critical system processes and components
- Oversees, plans and designs highly complex business processes and makes recommendations in order to improve and support business activities.
- Leads requirements discovery to document the needs of customers and potential stakeholders.
- Partners with internal and external customers to ensure the root requirements are discovered and to understand strategic goals as the subject matter expert to the customers’ needs as well as the systems functionalities.
- Elicits requirements following industry standard requirements elicitation such as Joint Application Development (JAD), interviews, prototyping, and user observation.
- Leads the development of complete, unambiguous description of the solution using user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and potentially business rules, use cases, process flows, etc.
- Has the capability to understand complex technical architecture and communicates with development and testing experts using highly complex and technical language.
- Develops and manages the requirements traceability such as tracing across the SDLC to ensure that each succinct requirement is met at each step of the lifecycle. Additionally, traces up and down through the parent-child relationship within the requirements.
Creation and documentation and maintenance of editorial quality for:
- User stories with detailed acceptance criteria,
- Complex business system requirements,
- Use cases, Business work papers, and
- Functional specifications
Develops detailed plans with customizable software product package.
- Continues to grow knowledge and skills of existing and new business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodologies.
- Expands knowledge of healthcare terminology and industry changes such as ICD-10, healthcare, and SDLC processing
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 8-10 years of requirements management and requirements engineering, OR total equivalent related technical experience, 2-4 years’ experience leading a team of task matrix resources or equivalent experience managing IT projects.
- Successful record of accomplishment of requirements development and management within a cross functional environment with at least 3 years using the agile scrum (user stories) methodology.
- Proven expert skill level practicing, implementing and leading projects using techniques including:
- State charts,
- Process modeling tools such as Provision or System Architect,
- Decision tree analysis, and
- Data flow diagrams.
- Prior extensive experience leading impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows as well as using various types of models and straw man prototypes.
- Prior expert knowledge of requirements traceability matrix using software development lifecycle
- Previous experience with a requirements tool or methodology such as Agile scrum, Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Root cause analysis experience
- Proven experience accurately estimating resource and cost requirements
- Prior Health insurance industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale.
- Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s business practices and direction, business principles, and business processes, plus familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Able to understand larger context (big picture), gather, interpret, clarify and refine business requirements and develop user stories.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Must possess strong agile/scrum work experience in a hybrid delivery model.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Must possess the qualities, skills, business acumen, experience, and discipline to ensure business and systems architecture alignment.
- Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management objectives.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
- Possess the technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems and have a broad understanding of the business as well as existing platforms, applications, data and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft® Office®
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple technologies such as web, mainframe, distributed systems, and so on, to support multiple internal and external stakeholders who use those technologies.
- Serve as a business analyst on a scrum team developing the Digital Experience applications, intended to provide self service capabilities to members.
- Write user stories, acceptance criteria, white papers, and other documentation.
- Be involved in the design of web service application program interfaces (APIs).
- Interact with Directors Office and Plan personnel directly gathering requirements, presenting demonstrations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position-Specific Experience Requirements:
- Working experience in Healthcare industry
- Strong understanding of Claims and Enrollment processing systems
- Knowledgeable about Digital and Healthcare industry trends
- 5+ years in Business Analysis (BA)
- Strong working knowledge of modern digital experience platforms and tools
- Thorough BA methodologies, processes and tools knowledge
- Experience working with agile and waterfall project methodologies