University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Division of Finance & Administrative Affairs
University Information Technology Services
Data Center Operations Administrator
If you want to be part of an organization that is playing a vital role in crafting the future of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is the place for you. UWM is seeking an experienced Data Center Operations Administrator. If you are passionate about being part of a dynamic and talented team of technology professionals who value integrity and excellence, then look no further.
Who We Are:
UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsin’s premier public urban university and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to over 29,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff, and programs. Our tree-lined, 104-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper-east-side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students. For more information, please visit our website at www.uwm.edu
What We Offer:
- Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salary
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- On-site health & wellness programs
- On-site affordable day care
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Networking & Data Center Infrastructure, this position has campus responsibilities for research and departmental collaborative efforts on the planning and implementation of the UWM Data Centers. This includes infrastructure and operational planning of production services and/or disaster recovery purposes. This position also acts as a technical collaborator on complex campus-wide projects. These responsibilities are carried out in a team environment, working effectively with leadership, colleagues, and other applicable stakeholders. This position provides 24/7 monitoring and escalation of campus information technology service delivery incidents. This position operates under General supervision and the broad policy guidance of the Associate Director of Networking & Data Center Infrastructure.
Estimated salary is $60,000 - $80,000 depending on qualifications.
- 2 or more years supporting information systems or information system related environments in any capacity
- Bachelor's (or advanced) degree by date of hire
- 2 years or more experience with data center administration, including power, cooling, and/or vendors
- Evidence of knowledge of data security in a system administration or data center environment
- Professional work experience in an enterprise environment
- Professional work experience in a higher education environment
How To Apply:
If interested, you should submit a letter of application that addresses the professional level work experience as it relates to all required and preferred qualifications, a resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include postal addresses, e-mail and phone numbers. Apply electronically at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/27684 by the application deadline date of July 27, 2018. Questions about this position should be directed to Tony Quintero, UITS Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.