Role: Asset Management/Data Center Logistics Operator
Seeking Data Center Logistics Operator for opening located in the Belleville, MI area. The Data Center Operator will receive, ship, inventory and assign asset tags to all IT equipment arriving at the Data Center and verify arriving equipment with attached invoice, properly identify equipment and resolve discrepancies. In addition, Operator will update Logistics log daily with equipment and tracking information, email clients on all IT equipment received for them and email copy of the logistics log to the inventory team at the end of each business day.
Additionally, Data Center Operator will:
- Perform daily reconciliation on delivered equipment, shipped equipment, spare parts, RMA’s, patch cables and others items as they occur
- Create, track and manage RMA equipment
- Maintain overall integrity and condition of inventory located in the storage room
- Maintain a list of disposal equipment
- Maintain the SHOT and SWING inventories
- Work with the EM operations group on courier moves
- Report all damaged equipment
- Heavy lifting is required in this function (50 lbs)
- Good technical background, knowledge of PC and Server hardware with experience in Break/Fix.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently under deadlines
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks
- Ability to demonstrate effective teaming and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, network switch/port configuration, server decommissioning