DATA ENGINEER - HADOOP - PERM - CARY, NC
Data Engineer - Hadoop Responsibilities:
* Interface with other technology teams and data scientists to extract, transform and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources.
* Build and refine a fault-tolerant data ingestion pipeline into our data lake, while helping guide the decisions about the future of our data infrastructure.
* Maintain and monitor our ETL processes and data lakes to ensure timely, quality and accurate data.
* Steward our data lake, through the definition of standards and best practices around data usage, including metadata cataloging and organization.
Data Engineer - Hadoop Requirements:
* BS in an Engineering or Science discipline, or equivalent experience.
* 5-7 years of experience using Java, Scala, and/or Python, with at least 2 years' experience in a data focused role.
* Experience transforming large datasets using Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, SQL, and/or related technologies.
* Experience building and maintaining fault-tolerant data pipelines and data lake in production environments.
* Willingness to experiment and learn new approaches and technology applications.
* Knowledge and experience with various relational databases and SQL.
* Knowledge of software engineering and agile development best practices.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.