Responsibilities for Data Engineer
· Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
· Knowledge of S3, Redshift, ETL tools required.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
· Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· S3, Redshift, ETL tools knowledge is required.
· Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- o Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift