Embrace your independence and make a difference.
As a contractor, you can choose your clients and the projects you work on, but you also need to constantly cultivate your next project. At Nytec, we’ve created an ecosystem where you can increase your value as a consultant, while working on a variety of projects at top technology companies. Our talented people have solved tough problems and created innovative products at the smallest to the largest and most cutting-edge companies in the world. With Nytec, you’ll create a variety of industry- and life-changing products for our clients, using the latest technologies, across an array of industries and applications. Fun projects and meaningful work – you need to work with Nytec!
Nytec is an award-winning, integrated consulting firm with over 40 years of success turning ideas into first-of-a-kind, lifestyle technology products for tier-one global and Fortune 100 companies. Our world-class designers, engineers, and manufacturing experts translate complex problems into compelling, simple solutions that deliver the ultimate user experience. Nytec’s industry-leading Client Services provide customizable talent solutions to satisfy staffing requirements, either onsite, offsite, or project-based.
Title: Data Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: Long-Term Contract
- We're looking for a seasoned data engineer to empower our internal users to make the best of big data platform and infrastructure at the Client.
- You will be working with an amazing and talented data engineering team, get to know the most exciting big data open source technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.) in the world on hundreds of petabytes data, and above all, have a huge impact on the organization in improving its productivity and efficiencies.
- Involve in maintaining and enhancing our performance monitoring and analysis telemetry tools/frameworks, workflow and query execution engines, etc
- Perform production support and performance tuning for user queries: complex query plan analysis, configuration settings, optimization, etc.
- Actively monitor production using various internal tools as related to user experiences in query engines, and track performance profiles over time and investigate changes therein
- Proactively analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve for scalability and performance
- Actively engage our internal users, who are our customers, to analyze their respective use cases to address scale and performance demands
- Provide thought leadership and helpful feedbacks to the rest of data team in our processes, support models, performance monitoring, analysis metrics, frameworks and tools from internal users' perspective so as to improve their experiences and productivity.
- Background in database internals or large-scale data processing systems (like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark) especially query processing and/or optimization;
- Strong debugging skills in Linux environment for performance issues;
- Experience in troubleshooting big data technology issues in the processing of petabytes of data; Experience in deploying and maintaining distributed systems;
- Experience in using big data storage technologies and their applications (HDFS, Columnar Storage format, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.);
- Proficiency in multiple systems languages (Java, Scala, Python);
- Experiences nice to have: Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes, AWS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years of experience on open-source Big Data technologies.
- Nytec offers a full benefits package (at most major partners) including sponsored health (medical/dental/vision) plans.
- Referral Bonuses - Receive $500 for referring a candidate that is hired, $500 for referring a job that is filled by Nytec, or $1000 for referring the job and the candidate.
To Apply Visit nytec.com/careers or email your resume and the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call us at (425) 947-2676