RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Data Entry Clerk in Highland Hills, New York (NY).
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating data entry devices, such as a keyboard or computer, to verify and input data
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED / equivalent required
- 2 to 4 years related experience required
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Completion of a speed and accuracy data entry test (May be required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.