A large financial client is looking to staff the following role in Addsion, TX. Please apply if interested.
This role is responsible for coordination of activities that ensure adherence to Global Records Management Policy and Standards, which define the requirements for processes that identify, classify, store, retain, protect and dispose of records. Engages with business process owners, data owners and other partners across the Front Line Unit, Control Functions (FLU/CF) and Technology to create processes that enable adherence to existing and emerging records management requirements. Works with other groups as needed, including Compliance, Audit, Operational Risk, and Technology to ensure effective retention controls and mitigate retention risk.
• drive adherence to the Global Records Management Policy, Standards, Retention Schedule and Procedures
• create and maintain a summary inventory of record types and locations for their Impacted Group
• define, execute and monitor the status of Records Management Standards Adherence Plan and any related action/remediation plans
• serve as liaison to business record coordinators and business SMEs who understand the laws, rules and regulations governing data/records and FLU/CF impacts
• serve as liaison with Global Records Management for activities related to standards adherence or remediation efforts
• serve as a central escalation point for records-related risks and concerns for their Impacted Group and oversee related remediation and mitigation
• contribute to maturity of governance routines and sustainability:
• Identify relevant business processes and risks to effectively maintain related controls and metrics to support adherence (PRC)
• Oversee the integration of records management into business systems, processes and procedures
• Conduct regular QA of FLU/CF processes in accordance with the QA standard
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178