RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Data Management Specialist in Herndon, Virginia (VA).
The Data Management Specialist will be working as a member of the data management work stream and will be actively analyzing, cleansing, extracting, transforming and creating clean data files needed for data conversion activities. The Resource will be working with Business Leads as well as IT SMEs in understanding the functionality and architecture of the legacy application(s) poised for replacement with the target ERP system and will be preparing data files based on the functional / technical design for the conversion object.
- Will be supporting the data cleansing activities either via scripts or other methods identified
- The Resource will be participating in the design discussions with the system integrator and will be working with all the Stakeholders in providing necessary data files in the required format
- The Resource will be working with the testing team during various test cycles (Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance, etc.) and will incorporate the feedback based on the test results
- The Resource will be creating documentation as needed and will load the approved documents to a central SharePoint site
- Other duties as assigned
- Mid-Senior level programming background (4 - 6+ years) with emphasis on Data Management activities (Conversion, Cleansing, Profiling, Assessing Data Quality, ETL etc.)
- Programming background consists of writing packages / procedures / functions / DDL / DML / Tuning
- Self-starters with quick learning curve on existing application landscape
- Target system will be Oracle based, but source systems are a combination of Oracle, MS SQL and COBOL based (JAMIS ERP)
- Experience with RICEW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions and Workflow) in a large-scale ERP will be a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders/Data owners
- Excellent Documentation and Communication skills
- Prior experience handling data related to JAMIS ERP and/or Deltek Costpoint ERP systems will be a plus
- Experience with Supply Chain systems data (Oracle, Ariba, iValua, etc.) will be a plus
- Experience with Web Services is not required but will be a plus (SOAP, REST APIs, etc.)
- Experience with ETL tools (IBM DataStage, Ab Initio, Informatica, Talend, etc.) is desired
- Knowledge of industry leading ERP packages (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Deltek Costpoint, etc.)
- Federal Contracting awareness (Acquisition vehicles such as GSA Schedules, GWACs, AWACs, IDIQs, etc.)
- Federal procurement and pricing methods (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Industry recognized programming certification (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL etc.)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.