Peak Performers is a nonprofit recruiting firm specializing in contract roles with state of Texas government agencies. We've partnered with the Texas Education Agency to recruit for a Data Modeler. The workplace will be in downtown Austin and the workday will be 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) oversees primary and secondary public education, servicing over 1,200 public school districts and 5 million students throughout the Lone Star State. TEA provides leadership, expertise, and resources to assist schools in meeting the educational needs and goals of all students. The Agency plays an operative role in developing Texas’ statewide curriculum and administering funding, assessment programs, and data collection systems. Since the first Texas public school law was enacted in 1840, TEA has grown to serve millions of Texas students and continues to shape Texas’ future through the power of education.
The Data Modeler performs complex (senior-level) data analysis, data modeling and data administration work. Work involves building data models that describe data and its relationship in a consistent way to support business and technical objectives and maintaining data assets and logical models for database systems, data warehouses, and data analytics.
- Develop and maintain enterprise and system/application-level conceptual, logical, and physical data models and dictionaries.
- Support the development of integrated data models and artifacts identifying as-is, planned, and to-be mission data and supporting metadata.
- Employ data modeling tools and associated graphical methods to depict and analyze current and proposed conceptual, logical, and physical data schema.
- Creates reusable error-free DDL scripts for the promotion of structural changes to multiple RDBMSs (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase) and environments (development, test, production).
- Designs and develops data mapping and transformation scripts to support data warehouse development and data analytics efforts.
- Designs and develops extract, transform and load (ETL) logic and code in support of data warehouse and analytics operations and maintains related data pipelines.
- Coordinates and approves corresponding database changes to support new and modified applications, and ensures new designs conform to data standards and guidelines are consistent, normalized, perform as required, and are secure from unauthorized access or update.
- Reviews measures to chart progress related to the completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data, to improve data quality.
- Performs data analysis using SQL queries.
- Assists In selection of data management tools and develops standards, usage guidelines and procedures for those tools.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- 6 years of experience with database administration in Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2
- 4 years of experience with data modeling and design and/or information architecture
- 4 years of experience with techniques to create, manipulate, and customize DDL scripts for multiple platforms
You may also have:
- 4 years of experience Unix / Linux
- 4 years of experience using ERStudio, Erwin or related data modeling software
- 4 years of experience with shell script development / maintenance
Project term: through 08/31/18
Compensation: $60.50 / hour (W2)
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 24 years and thousands of job placements.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.