• Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms including, conducting exploratory data analysis, cleaning/imputing noisy/missing data, feature engineering
• Good understanding of probabilistic methods for statistical inference and decision making including Bayesian and Frequentist statistics.
• Proven experience in data engineering utilizing computer science programming skills
• Good with SQL and NoSQL Databases
• Exercise independent judgment and take initiative
• Flexibility and willingness to take appropriate risk
• Promote and demonstrate a positive, fun, can-do approach to your job
• Commitment to quality & innovation
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Skillsets
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative field with proven track record (typically 5 years after masters or 3 years after PhD) in a data science role.
• MBA or Business degree a strong plus
• Programming Languages: Python, R, Matlab, Scala, Java.
• Databases: SQL databases, dynamoDB, Cassandra
• Compute architecture: Amazon AWS ecosystem
• Expert in Tableau
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Utilize quality assurance tools to test, track, analyze and report on materials, processes and products.
• Apply statistical methods for monitoring and analyzing data to understand manufacturing process capability and continuously improve the processes.
• Define inspection run rules to ensure end-to-end (incoming, in-process and final) product quality.
• Collect data, develop and maintain documentation relative to quality assurance activities for continuous process improvement.
• Develops new approaches to solving the issues identified during quality assurance activities.
• Generate reports on issues identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommendations to effect improvements.
• Be able develop dashboards and reports in Tableau.
• Assist in quality systems and product audits.
• Participates in quality planning functions.
• Work with vendors to ensuring incoming product quality and ensure effective responses to supplier corrective actions.
• Manage relevant KPIs, such as Delivered Quality, RMA, MRB, and CAPA.