|Undersea Strategic Systems Analysis Group (USSAG) provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments and recommendations that integrate technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business analysis. We focus on key clients in the undersea community including Navy’s Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA program managers for the COLUMBIA Class SSBNs and in service submarines. We work to provide integrated solutions based on information and communications throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis and recommendations that are aligned to strategic and leadership goals while still being executable by the working level technical communities.|
|• Bachelor Degree in math, statistics, operations research, computer science, or an engineering discipline.|
• Master's Degree in a related field is a plus.
• 3-8 years of experience in defense or national security related programs.
• 2+ years experience with data analytics (e.g. descriptive statistics, predictive modeling, data visualization), and this can include significant academic projects
• Demonstrated experience in any of the following technologies: Numpy, SciPy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, PyMC, Bokeh, plot.ly, CPLEX, Tableau, Qlik, Palisade Decision Tools (e.g. @Risk), SAS’s JMP
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute workload to meet requirements and deadlines.
• Experience in any of the following programming languages: Python, R, MATLAB, Java, C++, et al.
• Preference for experience working with PyCharm, git, BitBucket, Jira, and Confluence.
• Experience developing written and visual communications that are clear, concise, and suited to the audience.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
• Must be capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
• Meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Candidates will be subject to a security clearance.
|Participate in a range of analysis tasks including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive projects. Will help run, develop, and document models and analytic methods. They will participate in client and team meetings, help deliver client results, and help develop team and company capabilities.|