Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Ensure excellent customer service and friendly customer relationships
- Build best in class products with agility and speed
- Shape tools, processes, and standards to enable improvements of the team
- Interact with analysts to understand their workflows and requirements
- Collaborate with manager to enable an application portfolio to meet business requirements and architecture
Requirements of the Data Scientist:
- Bachelor's degree degree in Computer Science or Finance/Applied Mathematics or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of demonstrated progressive engineering experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with technical and business team members
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and team-oriented environment
Preferred Qualifications of the Data Scientist:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Finance related field
- Front office software development experience with an asset management or investment bank
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private cloud (AWS, ECS, K8)
- Open source community involvement
- Knowledge of open source frameworks and development tools – e.g. Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Big Query experience (S3, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Redshift, RDS), AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS and NoSQL databases e.g. Dynamo/HBase/Cassandra
- Knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena
Job ID: 307125
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com .
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!