Ventech Solutions is a CMMI Level 3 software company that manages full life cycle software solution implementations and sustainment.
We are looking for a Data Storage Architect that understands the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions. Understands the business needs. Can architect from a business, infrastructure and application perspective. Provides innovative solutions to client challenges. Analyzes systems and performs usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and security requirements are met. This individual is recognized as a leader and advanced individual contributor. Considered a subject matter expert within multiple disciplines. Conducts highly complex work critical to the organization. Can plan and lead projects; can write and edit proposal material, will document and explain solutions, can influence clients & technology partners. Will lead and partner with clients. Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment. May assist less experienced peers. Typically requires 15+ years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
This position will sit in either our Manassas, VA or Baltimore, MD office and allows for partial remote work. For immediate consideration, please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 30%: Participate in the planning, architecture, and design of customer projects
- 50%: Develop and maintain the strategic IT solutions to address the future needs and plans for enterprise architecture, platforms, technologies, and tools required to sustain a high level of application performance
- 10%: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- 5%: Cultivates innovation allowing for new and better ways for the company to be successful
- 5%: Collaborates well with cross functional executive-level peers; able to drive decisions when consensus is lacking
Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Certified, ITIL
Related Work Experience: 6-8 Years
The work experience / skills / abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Previous Architectural Experience of Advanced IT Infrastructures required
- Master's degree, preferred in Computer Science; or relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Teradata (or other MPP RDBMS), Splunk, etc.
- Experience with ELT/ETL development, patterns and tooling (e.g., Informatica)
- Experience with BI tools (BusinessObjects, Cognos, Tableau)
- Experience with Advanced Analytics (SAS)
- Fluent understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architectures on Hadoop
- Strong scripting / programming background (Unix, Python preferred)
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Experience in real time and batch data ingestion
- Proven experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc.
- Understanding security, encryption and masking using various technologies including Kerberos, MapR-•tickets, Vormetric and Voltage
- Open-minded with proven ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment
- Experience identifying, defining and implementing technical design/coding standards
- Experience creating logical and physical system designs with Visio
- Solid understanding of SDLC, Release Engineering, and Automated deployment processes.
- Experience with tiered architectures – e.g. presentation, application, data
- Familiar with ITSM/ITIL management concept