Now Hiring - Data Center Technician.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Our business and customer base is growing at an exciting and rapid pace. To further fuel this growth, we are seeking a dynamic Data Center Technician to join our team.
The Data Center Technician (DCT) is a 24 x 7 x 365, market based position responsible for providing physical and technical support to Flexential customers and resources. Candidates to be considered for this role must be able to work within the framework of the overall Flexential Support Strategy. DCTs must be able to demonstrate the ability to represent Flexential during interactions with customers and internal resources in a calm and professional manner.
- Provide Support to the Flexential Customer Base:
- Timely resolution and/or escalation of customer issues
- Maintain a level of professionalism while engaging with customers
- Troubleshoot and document technical issues using Flexential ticketing system
- Follow Flexential Support processes and procedures
- Assist in Facility Operations:
- Complete Facility Rounds
- Secure receipt and shipping of packages
- General data center upkeep
- Follow Flexential data center policies and procedures
- Participate in Facility Training Programs
- Work with Market Facility Operations Engineer on daily data center management
- Provision Flexential Services:
- Assist and/or complete physical and logical installations of Flexential services
- Update all relevant and required documentation
- Manage assigned workflow tasks in order to provide timely turnaround to customers
- AA, BS, or High School Diploma and actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
- Familiarity with various server, application, and network technologies including:
- Remote Desktop, SSH, Console Access
- Microsoft Server Technologies (IIS, SQL, Exchange, etc…)
- VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies
- Linux (or other *nix platforms)
- VLAN’s, ACL’s, IP subnets
- Excellent people and proactive communications skills
- Experience with ticket documentation system preferred
- Strong attention to detail, and a capacity to follow procedures
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.