Acuity Inc., seeks a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join one of our technical teams as a Data Warehouse Architect/Modeler to design and implement a large-scale database warehouse architecture for a complex Oracle OBIEE 12c application. The ideal candidate will work in a data warehouse environment designing and implementing strategies to translate business needs into architecture solutions. The role requires consulting with end users to identify current reporting requirements in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Candidate will work hand-in-hand with Informatica ETL and OBIEE developers to design and create an optimal reporting solution for end users. This position could also include designing, coding, modifying, testing, debugging, documenting, installing, and deploying reporting systems.
- Ability to develop dimensional models or analytical data sets based on specific business requirements. Experience in ER - dimensional model design and implementation of STAR and SNOWFLAKE schemas is a must.
- Transform Logical Data Models into Physical Data Design for the Oracle 12c database.
- Work with ETL developers, End Users and Business Users to understand the data needs of the business.
- Plan and design the development data storage solutions (including conceptual, logical, and physical database models)
- Perform data analysis, and business rules investigations on source data, to ensure correct design of the OBIEE 12c application.
- Ability to create complex SQL statements to support client reporting needs.
- Map and document data transformations of data from a business terms perspective.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling
- Minimum of 5 years hands hands-on experience designing and implementing Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Minimum of 5 years experience implementing Data Warehouse architectural designs to work in an OBIEE environment
- Minimum of 5 years writing advanced SQL queries, views, and optimization of SQL queries
- Comprehensive knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts including Transaction dimensions, conformed dimensions and facts, slowly changing dimensions, multi-Star/Snowflake Schema Modeling, different types of Fact tables
- Experience working with Oracle
- Implementing a virtual semantic layer (virtual Star Schema) using views on multi-tiered normalized Integrated Operational Data Store is a huge plus
- Experience working with AWS is a plus
- Experience using ERWIN is a plus
CLEARANCE: US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust suitability.