Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for data analysis and database management.
- Involved in maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models and performance tuning.
- Years of Experience: 8 or more years of experience in the field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for data analysis and database management.
- Involved in maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the utilities and production tools used for data storage management to support the Application Team.
- Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database, applying knowledge of data base management system.
- Designs logical and physical databases reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical data base (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method).
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Uses structured query language (SQL) to define database objects using database definition language (DDL) and control access to database objects using data control language (DCL).
- Language descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of computer memory to be used by database, following manuals and using calculator.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters SQL to create production data base.
- Uses database utility programs and 3rd party utilities to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs. Answers user questions.
- Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems.
- Providing assistance in the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems, and ensuring that the conceptual and design phases of new applications are consistent with the structural parameters within the database environment.
- Evaluates users' requests for new data elements and systems, incorporates them into the existing shared data environment, and provides technical assistance.
- Coordinates the use of data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy, loads databases, and reorganizes as needed.
- Performs data modeling and prototyping.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models, and creates physical data models from logical data models.
- Performs security recovery procedures.
- Determines and implements database search strategies and storage requirements.
- Maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and sets standards for use of data dictionary.
- Monitors database performance and recommends efficiency improvements.
- Creates test database environment for applications section, including the creation of necessary libraries and procedures.
- Executes the procedures necessary to save, retrieve, and recover databases from hardware and software failures within established procedures.
- Assists with determining, implementing, and enhancing standards on database security and with monitoring agency disaster recovery procedures and systems.
- Assists with the installation of database software and with analyzing, designing, and implementing databases.
- Assists in benchmarking and threshold testing of databases and with establishing and controlling necessary database security.
- Assists in the selection of database management software.
- Experience in computer systems analysis or computer programming work.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems design; of computer operations, systems, and procedures; of project control and cost estimating techniques; of computer programming languages; of data processing flowcharting techniques; of database structures and theories; and of current database technologies.
- 8 years’ experience on SQL Server Database Administration
- 8 years’ experience SQL Server database patching
- 8 years’ experience Implementing SQL Server database security tools
- 5 years’ experience SQL Server cluster environment
- 1-year experience Oracle Database Administration
- 8 years’ experience in virtual environments, upgrading SQL versions
- Oracle experience
About our Company: -
Connecting people’s aptitude & ambitions with our opportunities to deliver results.
E-Talent Network is responsible for carrying out the recruitment process and is a service provider for 22nd Century Staffing.
22nd Century Staffing is a Minority & Woman Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Our journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions.
Our Global Delivery model with over 110 recruiters, data miners and research analysts working across multiple time zones is backed by an internal database of 800,000 resources across all major industries. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.
“22nd Century Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."