"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is actively seeking a Database Administrator to join their team in their Reston, VA office.
Some of the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Ability to provide database administration and support for Corporate IT infrastructure, databases will be supporting applications, such as: Deltek, Costpoint & Time and Expense, Cognos and Sharepoint
* Maintain, support, design and implement database solutions across the backend of multiple applications to ensure the proper flow of data communications
* Actively participate in daily maintenance of the corporate IT infrastructure and customer support.
* Integrate cooperatively into a dynamic IT support infrastructure team and work collaboratively on project and daily support efforts when required.
* Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to company stakeholders
* Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
* Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
* Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
* Familiarity and ability to work in Active Directory environment and contribute as required
* Other IT support duties as required
Candidate must be clearable and able to obtain a government security clearance that requires US citizenship.
Typically has an AS degree in a computer or system science discipline and seven (7) years of relevant industry experience with Oracle database administration. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement. Should have a general understanding of relational database concepts and networking concepts, specifically in a client/server architecture in a SQL *Net TCP/IP environment. Must have experience in various backup and recovery scenarios, including archiving, import/export, etc. Proficiency with performance tuning of Oracle database and supporting mission critical production systems is essential.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience in database using SQL Server (2008 and/or 2014) or Oracle.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption. Familiarity with SOX and NIST frameworks
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience in database synchronization, integration, failover, and recovery.
* Two years demonstrated on-the-job experience programming with SQL and/or Oracle databases
* Experience working within an IT support team and ability to contribute and collaborate in daily support activity
* Must be willing to occasionally travel to multiple corporate centers within the Northern VA, MD and DC metro area.
* TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
* BS degree in a computer, engineering or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
Must be willing to travel as needed
Must take and pass a drug test and background check