Are you looking for a position in a rapidly growing, cutting edge company, where your contributions will be visible and you'll actually enjoy coming to work everyday? If so, this is a must see position for you!!
The person in this role should be comfortable implementing an agile database change management process and has the ability to confidently and directly perform a wide spectrum of database tasks, including but not limited to table design and data migration, replication management, performance tuning, and ETL.
The Data Architect is responsible for analyzing data requirements and developing data models and designs. The individual in this role will translate business data requirements into logical and physical data models, will understand and apply the concepts of proper data modeling and database design, and gain a strong understanding of source data to ensure the design approach results in a logical and efficient data models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of data, data analysis, and database modeling and technologies with a broad enterprise perspective.
- Develops and maintains relational and dimensional data models to support operational and analytical systems and applications.
- Determine the optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source system platforms and moving it to the enterprise data warehouse using available tool set.
- Work on design, development & implementation of solutions which are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level including: ETL mappings, workflows and prepare them for deployment into test and production environments.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on database design to other developers and reporting teams.
- Oversee and support the databases in all environments, development, staging and production.
- Work within a team environment to maintain and troubleshoot ETL and database systems.
- Investigate enhancement requests and participate in identifying the appropriate alternatives and ideal solution.
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies to be able to work effectively in a rapid growth environment with changing needs and requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The selected individual must be highly motivated and have skills in communication and presentation as well as business analysis.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects and work efforts on time.
- Ability to deliver results with minimum supervision
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Able to perform data analysis and write complex SQL queries.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a data architect or data modeler.
- In-depth knowledge of data-warehousing, data-warehousing architectures and methodologies, and dimensional and relational data modeling.
- Hands-on experience with developing data models for data warehouses and/or data-marts, and expert knowledge of dimensional data modeling concepts and techniques, such as slowly changing dimensions, hierarchies, and de-normalization.
- Experience working on SQL Server.
- Previous experience working on Oracle or PostgreSQL is a definite plus.
- Previous SSIS, ETL, and reporting experience (at least 3 years).
- Previous experience working with financial data is a plus.
- Experienced in designing and implementing large scale data warehouse