The Data Programmer's role is to manage and process client data across the full production lifecycle, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability and meeting project deadlines.
• Generates adhoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts
• Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements
• Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports, and other end-user information portals or resources
• Receives and process input feeds
• Verifies input data quality, including identification and communication of file variances and potential issues
• Performs file transfers and backup procedures
• Performs USPS hygiene on data files to include CASS/NCOA and presort.
• Manages the quality and timeliness of updates and output deliverables
• Ensures compliance with production standards and tests/Quality Controls the
• Takes specifications and uses them to design/code a solution
• Uses and fully understands established appropriate processes to meet customer requirements, and be able to customize if required
• Verifies program execution is successful
• Proactively identifies areas for improving processes and client service
• Focus on meeting and exceeding client expectations
• May create specifications for reports based on business requests
Knowledge & Skills
• Good written and oral communication and organizational skills
• Self-motivated and directed
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high traffic environment
• Good scripting and programming skills
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage quality assurance of input feeds
• Maintain documentation of processes, file layouts, and/or schedules
• Batch and process large amounts of data through a custom database system for Direct Mail programs
• Apply marketing data translations and suppressions when requested
• Run QC checks to ensure accuracy of mailing
• Perform file transfers using Epsilons data security protocols
• Assist in research projects and adhoc projects
• Achieve the timely delivery of data products, data files, and data audit reports
• Assist in troubleshooting and maintaining mission-critical and complex database environments and apply best practices development patterns to new and existing table structures
• Experience with Microsoft T-SQL, data access methods, and stored procedures a
• Must be familiar with MS Office, with particular emphasis on Word and Excel
• Experience with USPS processing, address standardization, merge/purge, COA.
• Requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.