Genesis10 is currently seeking a Database Specialist with our client in the financial industry in their Plano, TX location. This is a 6 month + contract to hire position.
- The candidate for the database specialist position will be responsible for designing and developing batch/ETL interfaces using the proprietary meta data driven approach as part of the LIBRA Interface Team
- The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of the existing interface processes including investigation of issues and production troubleshooting
- Candidate will be responsible for maintaining the data lineage to facilitate the end to end traceability as and when changes to the ETL
- In addition, candidate will responsible for Liquidity report specific derivations
- Undergrad degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- 7 to 10 years of Overall experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases like Oracle 11g, 12c, Oracle Exdata
- Must be strong SQL and P/SQL
- Shell scripting
- Object oriented programming language experience
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Datastage)
- Experience with Reporting tools such as Tableau, spotfire, Microstrategy)
- Data Warehouse development
- Subversion code version control
- SDLC experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work with new technologies
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience in Python a plus
- Experience in Financial Industry with some risk background.
- Experience with Adaptive is a big plus.
- Experience in metadata driven ETL development
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of Debugging and Tuning
- Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Liquidity Reports like Fed5g, LCR, NSFR, CRD IV etc. is a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience with Exadata is a plus
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”