AVK Industrial Products, a Precision Castparts Company, manufactures superior mechanical inserts, studs, compression limiters, installation tools and military standard bolts. AVK produces blind installed threaded fasteners for transportation and general industrial markets worldwide. We use state of the art high-speed cold forming equipment to produce blind installed threaded inserts and studs. We feature product lines of both unified (INCH) and metric fasteners along with numerous special designs that meet customer application requirements.
AVK Industrial Products is currently seeking a Davenport Operator to join our team.
Summary: Under supervision and direction operates single or multiple spindle lathe type screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms (bar or chucker) to machine metal stock by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools to be used.
• Positions and secures specified collets, bushings, and stock pushers onto stock feeding mechanism and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
• Installs and adjusts specified cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station.
• Positions and secures tools in toolholders.
• Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
• Moves controls to cycle machine through settings, stopping machine and adjusting tool positions and machine controls to allow for operating factors such as timing, clearance between moving parts, and chip removal.
• Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
• Replaces worn tools.
• Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply