Day Shift Support Engineer - PERM - New York, NY - $70-85K
Day Shift Support Engineer - PERM - New York, NY
Managed Services Provider focused on cloud hosting solutions in the financial services seeks multiple Support Engineers to provide client-facing support for their growing base of customers. All clients are utilizing the firm's cutting edge, state of the art trading platforms in their Private Cloud. You will be the front-line to all Alternative Investment and Hedge Fund clients providing one on one support to all levels of their staff including PMs, Traders and Senior Management.
* Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve day-to-day technical issues and implement monitoring and patching.
* Visit client office locations to troubleshoot advanced issues if needed (approx. 5% of the time).
* Work collaboratively with the other members of Desktop Support, Systems and Network Engineering, Ensure all tickets/problems are effectively resolved.
* Support mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberry etc.), often to high level business professionals travelling remotely.
* Troubleshoot issues pertaining to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 7, networking and applications support.
* Build, Deploy, Repair, Maintain hardware (including Desktops, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, peripherals).
Day Shift Support Engineer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Candidate must have strong customer facing experience.
* Enthusiastic, willing to learn and able to work in a demanding environment.
* 90% of the role is handling break fix, PC support, Mobile/Remote Support.
* Experience supporting C-Level Executives - responding to a lot of emails/tickets - conducting onsite visits only if needed.
* Experience with Windows and MAC, Active Directory - from a user management perspective, set up users, passwords, give read access only, etc.
* Trade Floor support is only preferred
* Previous experience working for an MSP for supporting Hedge Funds/Mutual Funds or previous Financial Services experience.
* Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
* 4 year degree is REQUIRED / Certifications are desired
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.