Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu. Informs guests of specials and menu changes, suggestively sells, and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service.
- Takes food orders from guests and relays to kitchen staff.
- Prepares and delivers beverage orders.
- Serves courses from kitchen and service areas promptly, and garnishes items with proper presentation prior to serving.
- Totals bill and either accepts payment or refers guest to cashier.
- Assists in stocking workstation, bussing tables and resetting tables.
- Processes guest’s orders to ensure all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
- Communicates with other employees to ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
- Answers the phone and takes orders when necessary.
- Maintains neat and orderly dining area.
- Uses Tips to Tips.
- Fills salad bar crocks when needed.
- Responsible for being in proper uniform.
- Assists with keeping bathrooms clean.
- Helps out in other areas of the restaurant when needed.
- Responsible for completing opening and/or closing checklists.
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management.
(Minimum requirements for entry into position)
- Entry-level position.
- One-year restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
Skills And Characteristics Required
- Must be organized, flexible, and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be customer sensitive and possess a sense of timing.
- Must be pleasant, personable and friendly.
- Must understand and have a sense of urgency.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel, and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays weighing up to 20 pounds.
Typical restaurant environment.
Reports to: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt