1. Perform all assembly responsibilities in a cell. Assemble and adjust complex components. Mark, label, and package parts. Make adjustments to meet customer requirements. Develop and documents assembly procedures.
2. Perform all operations associated with the removal of burrs and blending of castings, forgings and machined products; perform polishing and blending of surfaces on complex geometry using various hand and power tools.
3. Select and document proper tools, methods, and techniques for finishing complex geometries to meet blueprint requirements. Act as a troubleshooter for assembly process problems. Resolve problems or refer problems to appropriate individual.
4. Perform all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Follow work procedures.
5. Train assemblers in operations and processes associated with Deburr/Finishing.
6. Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
7. Make recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contribute to 5S program in work area. Responsible for maintaining Deburr/Finishing hand tools and equipment.
8. Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
9. Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in training/learning other positions. Accomplish related results as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2-5 years of Deburring/Finishing experience in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS/ABILITIES ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
Attention to detail
Hand and power tool use
Set up and utilize gages
Communication (speaking, questioning, listening)
Inspection of work
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
Kamatics is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
All positions at Kamatics Corporation require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.