It is techno functional, being hands on and managing to pull teams together to resolve defects.
Broad technical understanding of software development and QA, specifically software defect tools and processes.
Know how to navigate the decision cycle process and understand how to bring groups together. Cross functional teams (dev, QA, creative design, etc.)
Possess interpersonal and leadership skills to triage, pull teams together and work with stakeholders.
Strong communication skills and be comfortable working with the leadership team, software engineers, product managers, and external vendors.
Responsibilities are 50/50 hands on and management.
- You will manage defects, (Origin, Replicate, Resolve/Solutions with engineer & Defect Reporting).
- Identifying the defect, reproducing it, collecting logs against that defect.
- Able to take total ownership of the process from start to finish.
- Facilitate defect triage, documents and create reports.
- Gather teams during triage process and gain agreement on best course of action, then execute.
- Ability to lead and take ownership of complete test solutions.
- Create and implement potential solutions prior to triage stage.
- Support SW Organization in tracking and managing defects.
- Actively monitor defect status and trends and drive defects to resolution.
- Organize and facilitate defect triage meetings.
- Analyze test results and defect logs.
- Design, deploy and improve defect management processes.
- Collect defect data/metrics and create reports and analyses.
Must Have Skillsets
- 5+ years’ experience of QA Experience.
- Defect triage experience or Defect Management experience.
- General Scripting experience to write test cases
- Experience with different software layers, QA experience
- Experience in supporting large-scale, multi-project SW development especially from defect management and QA point-of-view.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA.
- Strong experience working with error management processes and tools such as JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experience in analyzing test results, and collecting and analyzing defect logs.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Embedded experience is a plus
- Management experience in the defect environment is a plus
- Programming or SW development in general (helps to understand defects) is a plus
- Light scripting (reproducing bugs or creating JIRA queries) is a plus
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Plantation, FL
Duration: 6-12+ months