The Deli-Chef is responsible for assisting customers with their selections, assuring the quality and freshness of product, assuring that the appropriate variety of product is available, merchandising according to the standards of the deli, following all food safety and sanitation procedures, and assisting the cook as needed to assure customer service excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some of the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and provide assistance to customers. Display customer service standards at all times.
- Assist customers with selections and answer any questions about the food that is available.
- Prepare product as specified by customers, including product selection, quantities and desired means of presentation.
- Slice meat to ensure enough product is available for the day; work with food service related equipment such as slicers, knives and other forms of cutlery.
- Assure that all stock is maintained at the appropriate level by restocking to assure that adequate inventory levels of each product are displayed to avoid lost sales from product shortages
- Follow all food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure that all products are safe for consumption.
- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure that safe work practices are used at all times and to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including eating area and backroom areas that are free from debris and clutter with clean floors, cases, shelves, glass, clean and organized coolers and/or storage areas, and clean and/or sanitized equipment and/or tools as appropriate for the area and floor mopping.
- Utilize cash register to complete a sale for customer.
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be prompt, dependable and honest.
Click Here To Apply