IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers, and each employee is bound by a commitment to providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate Job Description
InsulationDistributors, Inc. is seeking a dependable Delivery Driverand Warehouse Associate to join the IDI team. As a Delivery Driverand Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible to make deliveries and work in the warehouse when necessary, loading/unloading manually or with a forklift. Our warehouse opens at 7 a.m., with deliveries going out as early as 4:30/5 a.m.
- Deliver complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to IDI customers
- Enter and complete orders using a computer
- Operate a30 foot straight box truck
- Load and unload goods in a safe and efficient manner
- Provide exceptional customer service in all facets of interaction
- Comply with all safety and DOT regulations, procedures and training
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with warehouse and counter duties
Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate Job Qualifications
As a Delivery Driver andWarehouse Associate for Insulation Distributors, you must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team and possess a professional, customer-focused attitude. You must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record as well as current commercial driver's license (class B) and DOT medical card. Proficiency with order entry and use of inventory systems is preferred.
Additional Job Qualifications
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Ability to identify product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of DOT safety regulations
- Ability to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Proficient listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift/carry/maneuver heavy product and equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Ability to work a Monday - Friday schedule per delivery demands
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years verifiable driving experience
- 1+ year(s) experience in distribution warehouse setting preferred
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.